Have you ever felt like you were drifting or just going through the motions? One way to get yourself back on track is to establish daily practices that will make you more productive and set the table for your success.
Here are 5 things I do each morning:
1. Meditate: I find meditation has a calming effect on me and leaves me feeling refreshed. I started out experimenting with meditation by searching for guidedmeditations online. I eventually settled on the Headspace app as my go to for meditation. It has a variety of topics for meditation and you can set different time lengths based on your preferences.
2. Stretch: I know that my lower back gets tight and makes it hard for me to be as active as I want to be at times. I added 5 minutes of stretching to my morning routine to keep my back loose. I find it is important to do this even when my back feels good so it keeps feeling good.
3. Practice Gratitude: I write down 3 things I am grateful for each morning. It puts me in a positive mindset and reminds me of all of the good things in my life. I am also a fan of gratitude walks where you think about or vocalize things you are grateful for while taking a short walk.
4. Watch, Listen To or Read Something Positive: I do not watch the news in the morning because so much of it is negative. Instead I choose to take control of what information I am absorbing. During the week, I like to start my day with Darren Daily from Darren Hardy. Check out http://dd.darrenhardy.com to join and get it delivered right to your inbox each weekday morning. On the weekends, I will search for a positive video on YouTube or listen to an audio book or course I am enrolled in.
5. Establish My Top 3 Priorities: If you want more direction,you have to plan for it. Each day I write down my top 3 priorities for the day. Writing it down helps me remember them and bring clarity to my mission for the day.
I hope this helps you have an awesome day too! If you enjoyed this and found it helpful, please share it with a friend.
Have an awesome day!