1. Jon Gordon is offering a free 14 Day Challenge starting on August 15. It’s purpose is to help you develop the mindset to win today and create a better tomorrow! I love Jon’s books and am excited to participate in the challenge!
The challenge is free, but you will have the option to upgrade for $20 to receive 6 bonuses including two video trainings valued at $97 each.
Click Here to Sign Up for Jon Gordon’s Win Today Challenge
2. Here are some takeaways from my experience in the 5 day tiny habits challenge available from BJ Fogg. He runs the Behavior Design Lab at Stanford.
- This is to start a habit and build momentum so keep the habit so small that it is almost impossible not to complete it.
- Just like anything else in life, you will learn by experimenting with what Fogg refers to as your habit recipe. The recipe involves taking a current habit, linking your new tiny habit to it, and a small celebration for completing the habit. For example one of my recipes this week was; after I prepare my toothbrush in the morning, I will think of 1 thing I am grateful for while I brush my teeth and I will celebrate with a nice, clean smile.
- The coach assigned to me was great about checking in each day to see how I did with my new tiny habits. This daily check in provided accountability and offered room for failure and the reminder that a recipe may need to be tweaked.
- I think this is a great system for establishing a new habit or habits.
Here is the link to join if you are interested.
3. The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique developed by Andrew Weil is a breathing technique that can be performed anywhere. The technique can help you manage emotions, manage cravings, and get to sleep faster. It is recommended that you do this two times a day for a cycle of 4 breaths when you start your practice. After time, you may increase up too 8 breaths in a cycle; however, this is the maximum number of cycles you should perform according to Dr. Weil.
Dr. Weil asserts that after 4 to 6 weeks you will see wonderful changes in your body including:
- Slows heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves digestion
You can learn more about the practice by clicking the link below to watch Dr. Weil demonstrate the technique and explain the benefits.
How To Perform the 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise | Andrew Weil, M.D.
If you found these helpful and are interested in working with me to improve your habits, click the button below to get more information.