1. Jon Gordon is offering a free 14 Day Challenge starting on August 15. It’s purpose is to help you develop the mindset to win today and create a better tomorrow! I love Jon’s books and am excited to participate in the challenge!
The challenge is free, but you will have the option to upgrade for $20 to receive 6 bonuses including two video trainings valued at $97 each.
2. Here are some takeaways from my experience in the 5 day tiny habits challenge available from BJ Fogg. He runs the Behavior Design Lab at Stanford.
- This is to start a habit and build momentum so keep the habit so small that it is almost impossible not to complete it.
- Just like anything else in life, you will learn by experimenting with what Fogg refers to as your habit recipe. The recipe involves taking a current habit, linking your new tiny habit to it, and a small celebration for completing the habit. For example one of my recipes this week was; after I prepare my toothbrush in the morning, I will think of 1 thing I am grateful for while I brush my teeth and I will celebrate with a nice, clean smile.
- The coach assigned to me was great about checking in each day to see how I did with my new tiny habits. This daily check in provided accountability and offered room for failure and the reminder that a recipe may need to be tweaked.
- I think this is a great system for establishing a new habit or habits.
Here is the link to join if you are interested.
3. The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique developed by Andrew Weil is a breathing technique that can be performed anywhere. The technique can help you manage emotions, manage cravings, and get to sleep faster. It is recommended that you do this two times a day for a cycle of 4 breaths when you start your practice. After time, you may increase up too 8 breaths in a cycle; however, this is the maximum number of cycles you should perform according to Dr. Weil.
Dr. Weil asserts that after 4 to 6 weeks you will see wonderful changes in your body including:
- Slows heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves digestion
You can learn more about the practice by clicking the link below to watch Dr. Weil demonstrate the technique and explain the benefits.
If you found these helpful and are interested in working with me to improve your habits, click the button below to get more information.